Britt Releases Summer Festival Lineup – Medford News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News
Britt Hill will be alive with music all summer 2022. (Courtesy photo)
Raitt, Gaffigan, Chicago among big names bringing music, comedy instead
The final announcement of Britt Music & Arts Festival concerts for the 2022 season includes some of the biggest names in music and comedy.
The lineup includes a wide range of styles, from Rock and Roll Hall of Fame blues guitarist and singer Bonnie Raitt (August 27) to six-time Grammy-nominated comedian Jim Gaffigan (August 11).
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame singer and blue guitarist Bonnie Raitt will perform on August 27.
See comedian Jim Gaffigan during his Fun Tour on August 11 at the Britt.
Other highlights include:
- A fan-favorite of Britt, Chicago (September 4), the legendary brass rock and roll band;
- pop sensation and Songwriters Hall of Fame winner Jason Mraz (July 7);
- Country stars LeAnn Rimes (July 23) and Jordan Davis (August 16);
- Canadian Sarah McLachlan (June 12), one of entertainment’s most famous singer-songwriters with more than 40 million albums sold worldwide; and
She & Him, aka Zooey Deschanel and Matt Ward, will appear on June 20.
- She & Him, aka Zooey Deschanel and Matt Ward (June 20), a noncommittal collab that turned into a full-fledged touring band.
“We think this is one of Britt Presents’ best lineups,” said Donna Briggs, President and CEO.
“The full Britt experience returns for our 60th anniversary celebration, allowing everyone to once again share the joy of music with friends and the community on Britt Hill,” she said.
Rounding out the list of artists revealed in the final announcement are:
- CAAMP (July 13), a folk quartet founded by childhood friends Taylor Meier and Evan Westfall, now joined by Matt Vinson on bass and Joe Kavalec on keyboard, with an expanded repertoire that includes rock;
- comedian Nate Bargatze (July 17);
- Dark Star Orchestra (July 31), continues to offer its Grateful Dead live concert experience;
- KALEO (August 1), an Icelandic rock band known for their electrifying live performances;
- The American Acoustic Tour (August 3) features the Punch Brothers – mandolinist Chris Thile, guitarist Chris Eldridge, bassist Paul Kowert, banjoist Noam Pikelny and violinist Gabe Witcher, who are taking bluegrass to a new evolutionary stage; and Watchhouse, the latest iteration of contemporary folk duo Mandolin Orange. Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Sarah Jarosz will join the tour as the opening performer for this event;
- electronic music impresario Lindsey Stirling (August 4), violinist and dancer;
- Psychedelic Furs (August 10), a band that hit the post-punk landscape four decades ago from the British rock scene, featuring special guest X, from the first wave of LA’s burgeoning punk scene;
- Iration (August 19), a five-piece reggae band whose music spans a wide range of styles and genres, including rock, pop, R&B, and funk;
- Gipsy Kings (August 25); and
- A Tribute to Billy Joel (September 11), “A World Class Tribute to America’s Piano Man”, with Rob Stringer and Alex Dee.
The pre-sale of tickets for members will take place from April 8 to 27, and sales to the general public will begin at 10 a.m. on April 29.
Britt’s concerts already on sale include ZZ Top, Norah Jones, Happy Together Tour 2022, Old Crow Medicine Show, One Night of Queen with Gary Mullen and the Works, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Mt. Joy, Collective Soul, Rebelution: Good Vibes Summer Tour 2022, Blues Traveler and the Britt Orchestra season.
Britt Concessions will be back, featuring menus from local restaurants and food trucks such as Back Porch Grill (temporarily closed), Mac Shack, Sleek Greek, Frankie’s Seafood, Peruvian Point, Taste of Philly and Cali Qs BBQ.
The Britt will also offer wine and beer from six local wineries and featured breweries, served at the Wine and Beer Stand, Table Rock City Café and Performance Garden.
Many Britt fans bring their own picnics and drinks. Check the website to find out which concerts allow bringing in alcoholic beverages from outside.
Tickets, updates and more information can be found at brittfest.org or by calling the box office at 541-773-6077. The Medford box office, at 216 W. Main St., is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.