Foreigner plays at the New York State Fair! Want to open the show?
Earlier this month we announced that Foreigner will be performing at the New York State Fair this summer and now they are looking for an opening act. What are your children doing in August?
The foreigner will play the New York State Fair as part of the Chevy Park Concert Series on Sunday August 29, 2022 and they are looking for local talent to play a ten minute set before their show. They’re not looking for the next big garage band. You don’t even need to know how to play the guitar.
According to the New York State Fair press release, Foreigner and the Fair are looking for a local college, high school or university choir to perform a 10-minute a cappella set approximately 30 minutes before the Foreigner concert. . follow this LINK to enter the school of your choice.
The contest rules call for the following requirements: See website for complete rules.
- The Stranger will donate $500 to the selected choir
- No more than 25 singers on stage
- The set starts about 30 minutes before Foreigner’s set
- The content lives up to the chorus
- You are responsible for your own transportation and accommodation.
- The winner will be randomly selected from choirs deemed qualified to perform.
- The Fair will contact the winner and post information on their social media account to announce the winner.
The New York State Fair in Syracuse is scheduled to be open Wednesday, August 24 through Monday, September 5. Aliens is the latest announcement and more are expected soon.
Groups without original members
Here are all the rock concerts in the Capital Region, and beyond, scheduled for 2022!
Updated regularly so check back regularly!